The washing system plays an important role in the quality of the final results:
- Fill the wells completely at each wash (300µl).
- Tap hard after the last wash to remove all fluid.
- Avoid drying of wells between washings.
- Do not scrape the bottom of the wells during the washing steps, which could remove the antigen/antibody complexes.
- If using a manual wash method, overflowing of wells is not a problem. However, after the first wash it is important to empty the wells quickly to avoid contamination between wells.
- The cleanliness of the wash system may affect the quality of the results. Bacterial contamination of a tube or pump may arise if the system is never washed. We suggest that you pay particular attention to the cleanliness of the washing apparatus, regularly decontaminating the washer with a suitable detergent.