IDvet offers both a nucleoprotein-based cELISA to detect antibodies against all Influenza strains, and serotype-specific cELISAs to detect potentially highly-pathogenic H5 and H7 strains.
To monitor outbreaks with these kits:
• Flocks found positive with the nucleoprotein cELISA are tested with the H5 or H7 ELISA.
• Positive H5 or H7 results are confirmed by HI, before proceeding to additional virological testing.
• Once the serotype is confirmed as H5 or H7, widescale screening may be performed directly with the H5 or H7 cELISAs.
Easy-to-use, particularly in comparison to HI, these ELISAs are well adapted to high throughput testing.
ID Screen H5 cELISA: improved performance and detection of new clades
Thanks to the use of a new monoclonal antibody, the ID Screen H5 cELISA now offers improved sensitivity while maintaining the same high specificity as the original version.
• correctly detects new emergent clades (H5N2, H5N8) which were missed by HI tests at the beginning of the outbreaks;
• identifies low and high pathogenic strains;
• shows high agreement with HI results when homologous antigens are used