Since IDvet’s creation in 2004, we have grown rapidly, constantly expanding our global distribution network.
As a privately owned enterprise, our financial independence allows us to make rapid decisions in reaction to changes in market needs around the world.
With exports to over 80 countries, we have established ourselves as a significant player in the veterinary diagnostics field.
We provide outstanding customer service and technical support thanks to our distribution network spanning all continents.
By adapting products to meet your needs, rapidly responding to your queries, providing free supplementary liquid reagents, and assisting you in kit use and result interpretation, IDvet is with you at every step.
We develop, manufacture and market diagnostic tests for the detection of infectious diseases in farm animals.
Our ID Screen® diagnostic kits, based on the ELISA technique, contain all the necessary reagents for the analysis of serum, plasma, meat juice or milk samples.
They are standardized to detect national and international reference sera, and show innovation through simplified test protocols, ready-to-use reagents, and improved test performance.
With the creation of our sister company IDvet Genetics in 2014, we have extended our expertise to molecular biology.
IDvet Genetics offers a comprehensive range of products to simplify your Real-Time PCR testing, including kits for sample preparation, extraction and amplification.
We design and propose global solutions to provide you with:
- 96 extractions in 20 min instead of 60-90 min
- amplification in 50 min (DNA) or 60 min (RNA)
- to suit your testing volumes
- validated on your laboratory equipment
An expert team for
- veterinary consulting and technical support
- laboratory design
IDvet in numbers
- Founded in 2004 by Philippe Pourquier
- Located in Montpellier, France in a 2200m2 laboratory built in 2013
- 69 employees in 2015
- Exports to over 150 countries
- 2015 sales: 8M euros
IDvet’s tests are used by public and private laboratories worldwide to:
- control veterinary diseases as part of government disease eradication programs
- detect zoonotic diseases, transmissible to humans
- verify the effectiveness of vaccination campaigns
- control animal movement to limit the spread of infectious diseases when livestock is imported and exported
- detect emerging & re-emerging diseases which pose new threats to livestock
As natural resources diminish and the world population grows, monitoring animal health to protect the food supply is of vital importance.
Veterinary disease surveillance is also essential to human health, since many infectious diseases may be transmitted from animals to humans.
Thanks to our highly-skilled scientific team and modern facilities, all kit components are produced on-site to guarantee reagent quality.
ELISA microplate coating is automated, allowing for the production of up to 2000 plates per day, and each test undergoes rigorous validation studies and quality control checks.
Our RT-PCR kits are produced in accordance with industrial methods and meet the highest criteria of stability and standardization.
Commitment to Quality
The quality assurance program has been in place since IDvet’s creation in 2004. IDvet and IDvet Genetics are both certified ISO 9001:2008 for all their activities, from Research & Development, to Production, Quality Control and Sales.
Our ELISA savoir-faire includes:
Our RT-PCR savoir-faire includes:
- Viral and bacterial culture
- Protein chemistry
- Production & purification of:
- recombinant proteins,
- monoclonal antibodies,
- ELISA kit design
- Ready-to-use, stable reagents
- Reagent traceability
- Test validation & quality control
- Molecular data management
- Enzymatic assembly
- RT-PCR kit design and optimization
- Test validation & quality control
IDvet is a science-based company: our R&D activities ensure that our products reflect the cutting-edge of RT-PCR and ELISA technology, and allow us to continuously launch new, innovative tests.
We remain at the forefront of veterinary diagnostics by:
- Re-investing 30% of turnover in R&D projects
- Building close relationships with leading scientists and reference laboratories worldwide
- Participating in European research programs
- Participating in normalization programs